Thursday, April 10, 2014

FESS UP (I'd rather make a fuss.)

I'd rather make a fuss about you, and them, and all the laundry that's left to do rather than fess up about what's wrong with me. I'm not talking about things like my thighs are too big, my face broke out again, and my hair has split-ends. I'm quite good at that, thank-you. I'd probably tear myself down in every imaginable direction before realizing that those things aren't even what's wrong with me.

It's not about finding myself. It's not about discovering who I am. It's not about accepting my inner being. It's not about finding peace or meditation.

This is about digging deep and opening doors that I closed. This is about opening that mystery container in the refrigerator that has been conveniently forgotten. This is the scary part where I'd rather hide, but if I know what's best for me, I won't.

And now is the time to come face to face with myself because nobody else can do this for me. Here's to changing for the better because it's what God wants, and what I want too.
Post a Comment

FESS UP (I'd rather make a fuss.)

I'd rather make a fuss about you, and them, and all the laundry that's left to do rather than fess up about what's wrong with me. I'm not talking about things like my thighs are too big, my face broke out again, and my hair has split-ends. I'm quite good at that, thank-you. I'd probably tear myself down in every imaginable direction before realizing that those things aren't even what's wrong with me.

It's not about finding myself. It's not about discovering who I am. It's not about accepting my inner being. It's not about finding peace or meditation.

This is about digging deep and opening doors that I closed. This is about opening that mystery container in the refrigerator that has been conveniently forgotten. This is the scary part where I'd rather hide, but if I know what's best for me, I won't.

And now is the time to come face to face with myself because nobody else can do this for me. Here's to changing for the better because it's what God wants, and what I want too.
Post a Comment