Thursday, April 10, 2014

This Is A Great Exercise.

I actually got so much from this.

"We always focus on what we lack. And we put so much time worrying about the things we do not have. Sometimes, even just the little things.. How we can speak, listen and see.. Our 2 hands and our feet. We should be happy for even just that..." said by my guidance counselor.

It's true. In fact, lately, I have been sulking so much and almost losing my mind due to all the negativity that it has been driving me pretty insane for the past few days. In which, of course, answered to my zero energy.

So instead of continuing that way, because God knows it gives me zero productivity and more chances of hating myself, my guidance counselor proposed that I write down on a piece of clean A4 paper the things that I am grateful for. With both sides of the paper filled.
I decided to also share it out to all of you out there so that you can give me a friendly reminder if ever I bring myself down again. Also, who knows. It might inspire you to do the same as well ;)

Enough said, so here goes (in no particular order):

  • I am grateful for being alive
  • I am grateful for my mom
  • I am grateful for my dad
  • I am grateful for my brother
  • I am grateful for my sister
  • I am grateful for my grandma
  • I am grateful for the house that I live in
  • I am grateful for my aunt and cousins I am with
  • I am grateful for my clingy/crazy friends
  • I am grateful for my boyfriend
  • I am grateful for my arms and legs to commute around with
  • I am grateful for being able to see, listen and express (Goddess of Mercy)
  • I am grateful to my God for always protecting me 
  • I am grateful to Mariela Beautie
  • I am grateful to Kristine Cinco
  • I am grateful for my years in Miriam College
  • I am grateful to my high school friends
  • I am grateful for my cats
  • I am grateful for my outlook
  • I am grateful for being able to smile
  • I am grateful for being right-handed
  • I am grateful for my health
  • I am grateful for all my talents
  • I am grateful for being 19 ;)
  • I am grateful for being smart, and at times creative
  • I am grateful for the love I get from people around me
  • I am grateful to the people that i have encountered with
  • I am grateful for the opportunity to make life better
  • I am grateful for the clean water I drink
  • I am grateful for the food that I can enjoy
  • I am grateful that the world is still intact, and to all the efforts put in to make this place a better place to live in
  • I am grateful for being ME.

     Without which, I will never become who I am right now. So Thank YOU!

    As I was listing down each and every one of them, I have so many things to be thankful for. And so many things that i already have. I truly got to know myself even better, and relive the things that I cherish most in life.

    I know that what I have is a privilege and I am truly a blessed one.

    My dears, I urge you to do the same. Start with an empty piece of paper and write down the things that you are grateful for. I believe, you won't regret ;)

    Thank you dear guidance counselor for this wonderful assignment. (I got more from typing them one by one again ;))


Post a Comment

This Is A Great Exercise.

I actually got so much from this.

"We always focus on what we lack. And we put so much time worrying about the things we do not have. Sometimes, even just the little things.. How we can speak, listen and see.. Our 2 hands and our feet. We should be happy for even just that..." said by my guidance counselor.

It's true. In fact, lately, I have been sulking so much and almost losing my mind due to all the negativity that it has been driving me pretty insane for the past few days. In which, of course, answered to my zero energy.

So instead of continuing that way, because God knows it gives me zero productivity and more chances of hating myself, my guidance counselor proposed that I write down on a piece of clean A4 paper the things that I am grateful for. With both sides of the paper filled.
I decided to also share it out to all of you out there so that you can give me a friendly reminder if ever I bring myself down again. Also, who knows. It might inspire you to do the same as well ;)

Enough said, so here goes (in no particular order):

  • I am grateful for being alive
  • I am grateful for my mom
  • I am grateful for my dad
  • I am grateful for my brother
  • I am grateful for my sister
  • I am grateful for my grandma
  • I am grateful for the house that I live in
  • I am grateful for my aunt and cousins I am with
  • I am grateful for my clingy/crazy friends
  • I am grateful for my boyfriend
  • I am grateful for my arms and legs to commute around with
  • I am grateful for being able to see, listen and express (Goddess of Mercy)
  • I am grateful to my God for always protecting me 
  • I am grateful to Mariela Beautie
  • I am grateful to Kristine Cinco
  • I am grateful for my years in Miriam College
  • I am grateful to my high school friends
  • I am grateful for my cats
  • I am grateful for my outlook
  • I am grateful for being able to smile
  • I am grateful for being right-handed
  • I am grateful for my health
  • I am grateful for all my talents
  • I am grateful for being 19 ;)
  • I am grateful for being smart, and at times creative
  • I am grateful for the love I get from people around me
  • I am grateful to the people that i have encountered with
  • I am grateful for the opportunity to make life better
  • I am grateful for the clean water I drink
  • I am grateful for the food that I can enjoy
  • I am grateful that the world is still intact, and to all the efforts put in to make this place a better place to live in
  • I am grateful for being ME.

     Without which, I will never become who I am right now. So Thank YOU!

    As I was listing down each and every one of them, I have so many things to be thankful for. And so many things that i already have. I truly got to know myself even better, and relive the things that I cherish most in life.

    I know that what I have is a privilege and I am truly a blessed one.

    My dears, I urge you to do the same. Start with an empty piece of paper and write down the things that you are grateful for. I believe, you won't regret ;)

    Thank you dear guidance counselor for this wonderful assignment. (I got more from typing them one by one again ;))


Post a Comment